Abilities, how to unlock and know
In Overwatch 2, Kiriko is the new support heroine who acts as the backbone of her team. His role can be essential for any team mission, as his abilities grant him access to beneficial buffs that can turn the tide when used correctly. Learn more about her abilities, how to unlock her, and her background in this Overwatch 2 Kiriko guide.
Overwatch 2 Kiriko Guide
Kiriko is a support hero who fights primarily by throwing her talismans and kunai. Her abilities can heal or buff her team, teleport her through walls, and even make her teammates temporarily invincible for a short time.
In terms of survivability, Kiriko has 200 health, which isn’t particularly remarkable for a support hero. However, by using its abilities correctly, you can stay in the fight for an extended period of time to help your team achieve victory.
Here are all of Kiriko’s abilities:
Passive Ability: Wall Climb
- Pressing the spacebar when it hits the wall will cause Kiriko to scale it. She shares this ability with Genji and Hanzo, which is fitting considering she was raised with both of them.
- Kiriko seems to climb faster than Hanzo and shares the same vertical distance with him.
Left click: Heal Ofuda
- Kiriko’s primary fire that seeks targeted allies. Will automatically move towards teammates to heal them.
- Heals 13 hit points per ammo. 10 rounds in total. Fires 2 shots per burst.
- Available in yellow or blue. Yellow meaning they are looking for allied players. Blue meaning they have no target.
- Can be destroyed by touching any surface instead of friendly players.
Right click: Kunai
- Secondary fire from Kiriko and with increased critical damage.
- The damage is about 40 to the body and 120 to the head.
- Fires 1 kunai every 0.55 seconds.
- Can carry up to 12 rounds.
Left shift: fast step
- Kiriko’s ability that allows her to instantly teleport to a nearby ally.
- Can teleport through walls.
- Has a maximum range of 30 meters.
- 7 second cooldown.
- Can be used on airborne allies like Pharaoh or Mercy.
- Cannot be used while in motion lock effect.
E: Suzu Protection
- Kiriko’s ability that makes her allies temporarily invulnerable while clearing debuffs.
- Also heals 50 hit points.
- Lasts 0.75 seconds.
- 14 second cooldown.
- Can be destroyed by D.va’s Defense Matrix, Orisa’s Javelin Spin, and Sima’s Kinetic Grasp.
- Can be deflected by Genji’s Deflect which transforms the Suzu for use by Genji and his team.
- Does not work on builds like Torbjörn’s Turret.
- Known to clean effects such as:
- Biotic Grenade and Ana’s Sleep Dart.
- Ashe’s dynamite.
- Debuff Rampage and Bleed from Junker Queen.
- Mei’s Blizzard.
- The breakup of Reinhardt’s Earth.
- The Sombra hack.
Q: Kitsune Rush
- Kiriko’s ultimate ability that summons a fox spirit that dashes forward and buffs her teammates by increasing their movement speed, attack speed, and cooldowns to any ally that follows the fox spirit’s path.
- Improves movement speed by +50% and rate of fire by 25% to allies. Reduces cooldown by 60% for allies.
- Can travel up to a maximum of 25 meters.
- Lasts 10 seconds.
- Can be stopped by terrain, including Mei’s Ice Wall and Cryo Freeze, whether Kiriko is an ally or an enemy.
- Can be deployed on the ledge which will continue to the surface below. The Spirit Fox will not climb walls or cover any space.
- BOB receives benefits from Kitsune Rush.
- Builds such as Torbjörn’s Turret and Junkrat’s Rip-Tire do not benefit from this.
- Beam-type weapons get an increase in thickness speed instead of fire speed.
- There are some inconsistencies with the cooldown reduction of certain abilities.
- Particle Barrier, Sentry Turret, and Projected Barrier do not receive cooldowns from Kitsune Rush.
- Blink, Concussion Mine, and Fire Strike receive cooldowns from Kitsune Rush.
Looking at Overwatch 2’s Kiriko moveset, he’s a very support-oriented hero with little offensive abilities. Other than her Kunai, there is no real way for her to deal damage. This means you’re better off being behind your teammates in most fights and keeping your distance from enemy heroes.
In Overwatch 2, Kiriko is a very agile hero. You will frequently use its ability to blink at allies. You can use it to protect her from danger, even behind walls.
Fortunately, thanks to Kiriko’s passive ability in Wall Climb, she has more verticality to establish a safe distance. Without any team nearby, Kiriko is unable to properly defend herself due to her lack of offensive abilities. So in Overwatch 2, Kiriko is best kept close to her team.
How to unlock Kiriko in Overwatch 2?
Kiriko can be unlocked by reaching level 55 in the free Overwatch 2 Battle Pass. Players who purchase the $10 Premium Battle Pass will be able to immediately unlock Kiriko as a playable hero without having to grind the Overwatch 2 Battle Pass .
Players can also purchase the Overwatch 2 Watchpoint Bundle for $40 which also includes the Premium Season 1 Battle Pass and a handful of exclusive skins and 2,000 Overwatch Coins.
Overwatch 2 Kiriko Lore
Kiriko is a Japanese woman in her twenties. As a descendant of the Yamagami family, she bears the responsibility of protecting her hometown, Kanezaka.
Kiriko has a rather headstrong personality, not afraid to tease anyone, no matter how intimidating. She often finds herself in conflict with the older traditions of the Yamagami clan who believe they need to be more flexible compared to the modern norm. That’s not to say she has no respect for it as she continues to perform her duties while bending a few rules.
One of Kiriko’s biggest influences is her grandmother who taught her all about taking over the Fox Shrine and their traditions. That’s what mostly shaped his fighting style for the support hero we know today, as the matriarch Yamagami taught him all about healing and summoning the fox spirit that Kiriko hooked up with. related.
Kiriko grew up alongside Genji and Hanzo, who came to see her as a little niece. She was particularly close to the former and often caused mischief together. Kiriko spent her childhood visiting Shimada Castle and watching Kanezaka’s fireworks from their balcony.
The Hashimoto clan eventually earned Kiriko’s ire because they took over the territory of old Shimada after it was later disbanded by Genji and terrorized its inhabitants. His views on the Hashimoto clan soured further when they kidnapped his father and forced him to craft blades for them.
When she was 20, Kiriko staged an attack on the Hashimotos with three other teenagers. During the end of summer festival, they managed to hit a shipment of weapons passing through the port. If successful, Kiriko swears to save her father from the clutches of the Hashimoto clan.
Overwatch 2 Kiriko Trailers
Here are the trailers from the official PlayOverwatch Youtube channel which heavily focus on Kiriko:
Kiriko’s Origin Story
Kiriko Developer Update
Kiriko game trailer
This is our complete Overwatch 2 Kiriko guide. We hope you found this article informative. Check out our other Overwatch 2 content.