Apex Legends update 1.78 nerfs Seer’s abilities: full patch notes
Seer has been a huge talking point since the start of Apex Legends Season 10, and players have been delighted to hear that a nerf for the overpowered legend was on the way. Now the update is live in the game.
Since its release on August 3, the 18th legend has wreaked havoc in the community.
Respawn’s vision for Seer was a long-term Legend choice and not just another Legend dropping out of the meta in a matter of weeks, and while they likely accomplished that, they certainly toppled him.
Fortunately, the nerf is now for the Season 10 character, to bring him back in line.
Seer Nerf Apex Legends
On August 23, Respawn rolled out the balance patch to hit Seer, with changes to all three of his abilities. The big changes are that his tactic no longer deals damage and the flash effect is removed.
🚨 New Apex Legends update live now on all platforms.
Includes the seer nerf! Full patch notes coming soon, but Tactics no longer deals 10 damage and the flash is removed. pic.twitter.com/0OUz1YMNB
– Apex Legends News (@alphaINTEL) 23 Aug 2021
The patch also includes a few miscellaneous changes to Seer, as well as general bug fixes.
Apex Legends patch notes 1.78
See the changes
- Increased wait time between sensor peaks for full HP targets from 1.25s to 1.75s)
- Removing ellipses from the central circle
- Reduced range beyond 75m (blue tips)
- Reduced field of vision
- Increased detonation delay from 1.4s to 1.6s
- Affected players are no longer damaged or flashed. Screen shake from being touched is also reduced
- Slow movement added while maintaining tactical
- Decrease volume on audio
- Fixed tactical effects visible in the firing range when they weren’t meant to be
- Increase cooldown from 90s to 120s
- Decrease volume on audio
- Fixed Seer related server errors
- Adjusted volume of vocal lines played when Seer is chosen
- Correction of a problem caused by Climatizer FX (error “No effect exists for the handle”)
- Fixed issue with challenges (“Table index -1 is out of range”)
- Fixed most cases of Legends “holding a grenade” when they did not have one in their inventory (Wattson still suffers in rare cases)
- Fixed an error when using multiple grenades on explosive holds (a later update later today will cause the explosive holds to close)
- Switch: fixed holospray display
While Seer was undoubtedly powerful, it remains to be seen whether these balance changes will be enough to stop the debate.
The community is bumping into each other with what they think needs to change, even Apex Legends pro ImperialHal said, “I feel like people have absolutely no understanding of what needs to be nerfed on Seer. People say you just have to nerf the damage – I think I said that too, and I am 100% wrong.
While some are hoping Respawn will do a good job nerfing Seer, there is of course concern that Seer will never be balanced.