Associate guest producer | CGTN America
Posted on June 28, 2021 at 9:56 a.m.
CGTN America is seeking an Associate Guest Producer.
As an Associate Guest Producer, you will research and book a wide range of experts across the globe for CGTN’s news shows and topical talk shows. You will work closely with production teams to advise and secure the right interviewees, as well as prepare pre-interview and background briefings for producers and presenters. You will work closely with the other newsroom teams on all responsibilities related to guest booking. You will also participate in administrative tasks related to guest reservations and ad hoc projects. Responsibilities include other assigned tasks.
Please send your resume and cover letter to [email protected]
A successful candidate will demonstrate:
- Significant qualifications and skills in sourcing and booking a wide variety of experts and commentators across the globe on time
- Strong information judgment and understanding of fair and balanced journalism
- Superior research and excellent communication skills
- A strong work ethic and the ability to work well in a team as well as independently
- Competitive spirit and a strong desire to excel
- Stay on top of relevant social media tools for news businesses
- strong time management skills and multitasking abilities
- Strong news writing skills
- 1+ years of experience in the main national or local markets
- Interest in China and Asia-Pacific a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, communication or a related field
- A minimum of one year of relevant experience
- Fluent English ; foreign language a plus
- Web and social media experience a plus
The position is located in Washington, DC
TO APPLY SEND A CV TO: [email protected]
Now you can watch CGTN America wherever you are, online or on mobile.