CNYRTA/Centro Oneida (Utica) Office Supervisor Vacancy Announcement
DEPARTMENT: Administration, Oneida Center
WAGE SCALE: 4th year – 44,653 to 49,910
Note: Starting salary is determined by assessment of experience and qualifications for the position.
JOB SUMMARY: This position is responsible for providing administrative support to the departments: Human Resources, Maintenance, Operations and Centro Oneida Center. This position is not exempt.
- Performs administrative duties for the maintenance and operations department as well as human resource functions at Oneida.
- Supervises and evaluates junior staff.
- Acts as a replacement for the office clerk at the Hub.
- Oversees the finance room and reconciles petty cash reports.
- Acts as a liaison between the Oneida center and HR for employee benefits, including active and retired: medical/dental, vision benefits, pension and life insurance.
- Oversees the creation of personnel files and sends them to HR where they will be kept.
- Facilitates workers compensation and disability paperwork from NYS and submits to Syracuse HR. Directs updated medical records and notes to HR. Manages the return to work process for all Oneida employees.
- Facilitates Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA) paperwork at Syracuse HR. Provides employees with applications, tracks (FMLA) time used and available in the payroll system.
- Responsible for scheduling quarterly random drug testing, post accident testing, return to work testing and reasonable suspicion testing under FTA regulations and company policy.
- Maintains and updates employees who have access to central security cards to open/close the building.
- Oversees the hours worked for the security officer at the Oneida hub, approves monthly invoices, then submits them to accounting for payment.
- Reconciles worldwide gas receipts for monthly billing, then submits to accounting for payment.
- Reconciles monthly company invoices for Oneida and submits to Senior Operations Manager for authorization.
- Receives and secures employee harassment notices and escalates to HR for investigation.
- Verifies weekly employee payroll for Oneida.
- Maintains weekly absence reports including employees on vacation, sick leave, floating vacation, personal leave, disability, workers compensation and family medical leave for all employees represented.
- Assist in the investigation of customer complaints for the operations department.
- Creates, updates and maintains all procedure manuals for the Oneida office.
- Help with the internal control process for Oneida.
- Oversees the Vesid and College pass programs.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED BY THE JOB:
Education: High school diploma or GED equivalent required; Associate’s degree preferred or equivalent combination of education and applicable experience.
- Knowledge of contemporary office practices and procedures.
- Knowledge of AMF policies and procedures.
- Competence in maintaining reports and files.
- Proficiency in the use of a computer, calculator, copier, fax machine and other office equipment.
- Skill in interpersonal relations.
- Ability in oral and written communication.
- Ability to speak clearly and communicate politely and professionally with the public in person and on the telephone.
Current employees, please complete a Internal transfer request form which are available from the Human Resources office. These forms can also be found on PDS, in the mailroom and at the receptionists. A current resume must also be included with the form. Applications and transfer requests must be submitted to Amanda Wilson or go to our website at www.centro.org and apply! All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply. CNYTRA reserves the right to select a candidate inside or outside the Company.
CNYRTA is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug-Free Workplace.