College field hockey assistant coach
Myers Park High School Field Hockey Club, located in Charlotte, NC, is actively accepting applications for a college field hockey assistant coach to join our highly competitive program. Candidates should be good communicators with a positive coaching philosophy and proven coaching experience, or willingness to learn the coaching craft. Candidates should know the latest techniques that apply to coaching and, most importantly, be interested in engaging with athletes in a meaningful and intentional way. Applicants must demonstrate an ability to coach in a positive manner and adhere to the values of the club and the North Carolina Field Hockey Association (NCFHA).
The University Assistant will work in conjunction with our Head University Coach to build tactical and skill progressions throughout our program. This is a full-year, part-time position with variable hours depending on the season. The specific start date for this position is negotiable but must be no later than June 6th. This role will report directly to the University Head Coach and the Club Board.
• Help coach and organize daily weekday training throughout the planned season (August – November)
• Assist in the supervision of all university games
• Assist in the supervision and instruction of varsity field hockey student-athletes during all team activities
• Strive to provide a safe and nurturing environment for student-athletes, focusing not only on field hockey skills, but also on sportsmanship, ethics, athletic conditioning, safety and teamwork
• Assist in the development of training plans and field hockey games
• Help oversee and mentor off-season training and activities, including a pre-season summer camp (June)
• Support the Head Coach in the maintenance of club social media accounts
• Help in managing game and movie statistics
• Support the Head Coach in daily tasks and team operations
• Other assigned duties
• Compliance with all club and North Carolina Field Hockey Association (NCFHA) policies and procedures
Send a cover letter, resume and references to Nadija Golden, Board Chair, at [email protected]