Director of Finance and Operations, Young African Leaders Initiative (YALI) 2030 – Ghana
**Only citizens of Kenya, Ghana, Senegal and South Africa or permanent residents authorized to work in these countries will be considered. This position is dependent on funding.
IREX is an independent non-profit organization dedicated to building a more just, prosperous and inclusive world by empowering young people, developing leaders, strengthening institutions and expanding access to education and information. quality. Founded in 1968, IREX has an annual portfolio of over $100 million, offices in 20 countries and a global workforce of 600 people. We work in over 100 countries around the world.
IREX is seeking qualified candidates for the position of Director of Finance and Operations to support the first Young African Leaders Initiative (YALI). This program will empower and connect young African leaders as they drive inclusive economic growth and prosperity, strengthen democratic governance, and strengthen peace and security in sub-Saharan Africa. The Finance and Operations Manager will be based in an African country and will help ensure efficient and compliant implementation that achieves objectives on time and within budget.
Summary of responsibilities
- Ensure that the program adheres to all IREX, USAID, and host country regulations and requirements relating to the use of USAID funds, accountability, and in-country operations
- Track and analyze all costs incurred under the grant; oversee all payments;
- Monitor program budget and advise senior management on burn rates and other programmatic considerations; provide the required complete and compliant reports; and maintain financial records for all program activities;
- Oversee sub-recipient budgets and expenditures; provide relevant capacity building on financial and operational requirements for local partners as needed;
- Oversee the finance and operations team across multiple geographies;
- Ensure that appropriate financial record keeping policies and practices are established and maintained throughout the duration of the program;
- Ensure that all financial management and purchasing is done in accordance with IREX policy and US government regulations;
- Oversee all office expenses and staff transportation/vehicles; lead the management of human resources;
- Lead the coordinated set-up of all financial and operational systems during start-up across multiple sub-offices located in different geographic regions;
- Liaise with IREX Head Office Finance, Compliance and Field Operations teams; and
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills and Qualifications Required
- Citizenship or residency of a Kenyan, Ghanaian, Senegalese or South African country with authorization to work in those countries is required.
- A graduate degree in a relevant social or administrative science, with at least eight (8) years of experience in Africa administering international donor-funded programs; Where an undergraduate degree in a relevant social or administrative science with at least 10 years of experience in the administration of donor-funded programs. Candidates with experience implementing USAID-funded programs are strongly preferred.
- Previous experience as Deputy Chief of Party, Director of Administration and Finance, Director of Operations or other leadership role in international donor-funded programs.
- Demonstrated knowledge of management processes and systems, from start-up to close-out, such as human resources management and development (including performance appraisal), financial management, fraud prevention measures and management of employee compensation systems.
- Ability to compile and prepare financial and budget data in accordance with USG rules and regulations.
- Experience analyzing budget trends and monitoring funding levels across multiple accounts and geographies.
- Expertise in the procedures required for proper planning, monitoring and realignment of complex budgets.
- Demonstrated ability to work with host government and cooperating partners in implementing a complex program on the ground under difficult circumstances.
- Skills in managing and compiling financial data for reporting and ensuring compliance with all donor requirements.
- Ability to successfully manage and develop staff in a multicultural environment as evidenced by past experience.
- Excellent computer skills as it relates to financial management.
- Excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills.
- Fluency in written and spoken English is required.
How to register
Click on https://app.jobvite.com/j?cj=oF2Fkfwq&s=ReliefWeb to submit your CV in English along with a cover letter summarizing your qualifications and indicating your salary expectations.