Education specialist | RAPS
Education specialist, Rockville, Maryland
Very prestigious global health / Bio / Pharma organization, no lobbying, headquartered in Rockville, Maryland has an immediate need for a content designer. ten paid public holidays, office closure between Christmas and New Year’s Day, close to the metro, Metro Smartrip subsidy or free parking, health reimbursement account, comprehensive insurance and 403b correspondence.
RAPS is the leading international membership organization for regulatory professionals who work to ensure the safety, efficacy and availability of health products, including medical devices, pharmaceuticals and biotechnology. We are committed to advancing the profession and providing the highest level of support, knowledge, guidance and standards to the regulatory community. Together, we make better health products possible.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Education specialist Supports the day-to-day processes for the development of the RAPS Online University Program and the execution of the program, including interacting with existing and potential clients to answer questions about the Online University and its courses. This position will engage in online academic project management functions, including monitoring performance from a financial, client and volunteer perspective, with additional expectations for reporting recommendations and outcomes. This position reports to the pedagogical manager.
- Support the daily online academic processes, including the development and maintenance of the production schedule for approved course topics.
- Create and execute project plans for all course reviews.
- Update and maintain process documents and procedures related to content delivery; make recommendations for change.
- Work collaboratively with internal staff, subject matter experts (volunteers and contractors) to coordinate the development and maintenance of the portfolio of self-paced courses designed to train regulatory and related professionals in the healthcare industry.
- Identify course authors and make it easy to create course content with authors with regular communications, clearly defined expectations, and articulated deadlines.
- Work closely with instructional design staff during the final stages of course creation and delivery to ensure quality control and consistency of instructional material.
- Work within the cross-functional team on activities designed to increase market share and increase online academic sales.
- Work in conjunction with the Education Officer to monitor online university performance from a financial, client and volunteer perspective and make recommendations for improvement as needed.
- Provide operational support such as information gathering, report generation, shipments, trend monitoring from a consumer, competitor and / or financial perspective, etc.
- Serve as a liaison between staff and customer service to provide additional details in order to respond to inquiries related to online college shopping and general content; resolve discrepancies as needed.
- Potential for managing relationships with suppliers.
- Participate in department staff meetings with a commitment to cultivate the creative ideas of others.
Technical skills / experience required:
- At least two (2) years of experience developing adult education programs with subject matter experts / volunteers and cross-functional teams.
- Excellent project management skills and attention to detail.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple projects at once and hold individuals accountable for meeting deadlines.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work in a team environment and with individuals from a geographically dispersed multicultural workforce.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Proficiency in MS Office computer applications; Excel, PowerPoint. Knowledge of HTML, multimedia and other web tools is a plus.
- Understands basic budget and finance processes.
- Using a fast-developing online learning tool like Articulate Storyline, Articulate Presenter, or Zebra.
- Specific experience with online platforms and / or the medical / healthcare industry preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher)
Please submit a cover letter with your resume to our human resources department at [email protected]
It is our duty to provide and maintain a workplace free from known hazards. To protect the health of our employees and their families from infectious diseases, such as COVID-19, all staff are currently working from a distance.