How to become an AoE mage in the new world: Ice Gauntlet, Fire Staff build, abilities
Becoming a mage in any MMORPG is one of the best ways to play the game, and in Amazon’s New World there are two weapons that will greatly benefit from certain abilities so that you can become an AoE master!
Amazon Game Studios’ first major entry into the gaming space has been a smash hit so far, and in New World there are plenty of weapons that players can experiment with so they can find the ones that are suitable for the game. better to their style of play.
Compared to WoW, there are only two true paths players can take to become an AoE mage, and that is through the Fire Staff and the Ice Gauntlet. But, mastering these two weapons has specific abilities that will directly increase your performance as a Mage in your party!
New World AoE Mage: Ice Gauntlet Mastery
The primary weapon you’ll want to use to become an AoE mage is the Ice Gauntlet, this can be obtained through chests during missions or through the in-game Auction House.
There are a lot of abilities you can purchase with this weapon, but there are some that will have direct AoE damage to enemies in the game, and we’ll describe them below.
- Ice spikes
- As the name suggests, your player will summon a flurry of spikes that will go up to eight meters forward. This also has the chance to freeze your enemy in their tracks, allowing you to get a few extra hits.
- Ice storm
- Arguably the best ability for the Ice Gauntlet, this will create a storm that deals “17.0% weapon damage every 0.25 seconds and slows enemies within a 5 yard radius.” When you get a gauntlet that deals high damage compared to lower level ones, this ice storm can deal immense damage to players and NPCs.
- Wind Chill
- Finally, the Wind Chill ability will feature “a column of freezing winds that knocks enemies back 5 yards while dealing 16.0% weapon damage with each hit.” Wind Chill has a total range of 7 yards, with the farthest 2 yards increasing damage by 20% without pushing enemies.
Control of fire personnel
The other weapon that will allow players to perform a Mage AoE playstyle is the Fire Staff, which can also be obtained through random in-game chests and the Auction House. The Fire Staff differs from the Ice Gauntlet in some abilities, but some are relatively similar, as you’ll see below.
Like the Ice Gauntlet, we’ll see how you should specify the Fire Staff and what the abilities will do!
- Meteor shower
- Players will summon a burst of meteors from the sky that will deal “34.0% weapon damage on initial impact and 20.0% additional weapon damage per second while targets remain in AOE.”
- Similar to the wind chill ability of the Ice Gauntlet, this “will create a jet of flame from the tip of the staff dealing 34.0% weapon damage every second.” Each hit grabs enemies on fire, dealing 3.0% weapon damage every second for 6.0 seconds.
- The final AoE ability for the Fire Staff will summon “a fiery explosion dealing 130.0% weapon damage and knocking back all enemies 3.0m.”
Becoming an AOE mage is an essential part of any MMORPG, and New World has some pretty powerful weapons for this class!