Job: Development and supply chain project manager – Castelli Cycling USA
Development & Supply Chain Project Manager
Company / Organization
Castelli Cycling United States
Date: February 2022
Job Title: Development and Supply Chain Project Manager
Reports to: Product Development Manager
The Development and Supply Chain Project Manager will play a critical role in the development, production and shipment of premium cycling products within a global organization. The position will work with teams in the United States and Italy, as well as factories in Europe, Asia and Central America, to ensure products are delivered on time, on cost and on quality. The Development and Supply Chain Project Manager will create and implement new project management and communication tools, plan and manage development meetings.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to; Creating a global schedule, implementing communication channels between global teams, responding to customer delivery needs.
• Gather information from all departments needed to move a project forward
• Map and define all assigned projects and milestones needed to complete and reach the end goal
• Create and maintain project tracking and implementation records
• Identify and resolve problems and conflicts within the project team
• Support ongoing online (retail) and custom product programs with existing global factories, as well as the development and launch of new factories
• Work closely with Product Development Manager, Senior Product Developer, Supply Chain Manager, Logistics Manager, Sales Director and General Manager
• Organize and manage kick-off meetings with relevant stakeholders
• Historical and forecast analysis to determine product needs
• Actively participate in achieving the company’s business objectives
• Serve as a liaison between cross-functional teams to drive strategy deployment
• Develop best practices and tools for project execution and management
• Collaborate with department managers to identify opportunities for improvement, develop business cases and drive the prioritization and delivery of eligible projects
• Ensure alignment of global internal processes to reduce complexity, increase transparency and establish clear accountability for achieving the most effective results.
• Keep all departments on track to meet the project schedule
• Identify and mitigate potential risks
• Other duties required by the position
• Demonstrated initiative with excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to connect with internal and external team members at multiple levels, building confidence in your abilities to get the job done effectively
• Strong time management with accountability to ensure initiatives are completed and delivered on time and within budget
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with different international cultures
• Demonstrated success in managing multiple priorities in changing environments
• As a project manager, you will work in close coordination with operations and logistics
• Experience managing budgets and delivering initiatives
• A seasoned and strong ability to solve problems throughout the development process
• Embodies the temperament of a leader: adaptable, resilient, empathetic and assertive
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
• Experience in Centric is a plus
Preferred Education and Work Experience Qualifications:
• 2+ years of experience as a project manager
• Experience and/or training in the apparel industry with exposure to print production and/or custom product manufacturing as well as supply chain operations.
Please note that this job description is not designed to cover or contain a complete list of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable people with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
VC Group is a family business operated for over 75 years with a commitment to our customers and our team members. We are a premium cycling apparel manufacturer with global headquarters in Italy and US headquarters in Portland, Oregon. We operate two clothing brands: Castelli and Sportful. Our company has a history of product innovation and performance. Our products have been used by Tour de France winners, world champions and Olympic gold medalists.
Our office and warehouse is in the Hollywood/Laurelhurst area of NE Portland and close to MAX and bike paths.
Full-time positions offer competitive pay, health care, 401k, paid time off, and generous product compensation.
The Castelli/Sportful team strives to create an inclusive workplace that promotes and values diversity. Companies that are diverse in terms of age, gender identity, race, sexual orientation, physical or mental ability, ethnicity, and outlook have proven to be better companies. More importantly, creating an environment where everyone, from any background, can do their best is the right thing to do. We welcome all applicants.
How to register
Please send a CV to [email protected]