Job: Pharmacist at Lagos Executive Cardiovascular Clinic
Reports to: Director of Operations and Chief Medical Director
Slot machines : 2 openings
Summary of work
- The pharmacist will assist in the dispensing of medications, verify prescriptions and advise patients on the medications they have been prescribed.
- He/she will ensure adequate supply of pharmacies through intelligent inventory management, review of actual usage and review of reorder levels.
- The pharmacist will develop and implement strategic initiatives and services in the pharmacy sector.
Core Duties and Responsibilities
- To perform this job successfully, a person must be able to perform each essential task satisfactorily. Other missions may be assigned.
- Pharmacist duties
- As a pharmacist, you will be responsible for preparing and dispensing medications to patients. You will achieve this by filling a doctor’s prescription.
- The work involves a high level of responsibility and knowledge. A pharmacist does not just dispense prescribed medication; he/she has the expertise and the will to help people and provide them with information and solutions.
- The pharmacist should be fully qualified to interpret the symptoms so that the patient can either be treated immediately for a minor condition or be referred to the appropriate physician. Pharmacists must also be able to provide professional advice on cosmetic or parapharmaceutical products.
- The goal is to ensure the effective use of medicines and to become the population’s trusted ally against health problems. This way, you can provide maximum value to both the pharmacy and society.
- Review and fill doctor’s orders, verifying their adequacy and legality
- Organize the pharmacy efficiently to facilitate and speed up the identification of products
- Maintain full control over the delivery, storage and labeling of drugs and other products
- Maintain an up-to-date inventory of the clinic’s medication formulary
- Keep records of all medications, doses and prices on the clinic’s automated inventory.
- Protects patients and technicians by adhering to infection control protocols.
- Maintains a safe and clean work environment by complying with procedures, rules and regulations.
- Maintains pharmacological knowledge by participating in educational workshops; edit professional publications; establish personal networks; participation in professional societies.
- Contributes to team effort by achieving related results as needed.
- Be caring, compassionate and professional at all times;
- Manage clinical risk.
Other duties assigned from time to time
Patient and Family Education/Support:
- Provide emotional support and measures to alleviate fear and anxiety.
- Assess patient and family readiness and identify learning needs.
- Lead/encourage a multidisciplinary approach to patient discharge.
- Develop and implement the teaching plan using the patient education manual.
- Document patient and family education.
- Participate in voluntary community health activities to promote, maintain and restore health and prevent disease.
- Adheres to policies and procedures.
- Adheres to LECC’s code of conduct and ethical standards in the field.
Key areas to note
- Ensure ongoing education, training and development is undertaken to meet clinical governance guidelines for ongoing professional development and a personal development plan.
- Keep up to date with relevant medical research, technology and evidence-based medical practice by attending continuing education courses and professional meetings, reading journals, etc.
- Perform various research and analytical tasks associated with improving clinical care, medical diagnosis and treatment as appropriate.
- Audit of clinical practice and review of relevant literature.
- Research unusual symptoms and treatment options, consulting with doctors and other medical specialists.
- Provide literature and other reviews; review, analyze and determine the significance of various diagnostic test results
Qualifications & Training
- Applicants must have a bachelor’s degree in pharmacy
- Applicants must be a registered member of the Pharmacists Council of Nigeria (PCN) with a current license to practice
- A minimum of one (1) year of post NYSC progressive pharmacy experience in the private and public sectors.
Customer service requirements:
- Must have excellent customer service and communication skills
- Must be able to plan and perform daily activities in an organized manner.
- Must be kind, compassionate, dedicated and patient.
- Must have the ability to manage different types of emotions as well as deal with work stress.
- Must be focused, very detailed and be creative in decision making.
- Must be physically and mentally stable to handle extended shifts as well as mental pressure and traumatic events.
- Must be able to examine, analyze and react to the different situations they encounter on a daily basis.
- Must be able to think critically to adapt to change, judge situations and make appropriate decisions
- LECC requires all staff to keep their knowledge and skills current
- He is expected to continue learning throughout his LECC career through Continuing Professional Development (CPD). The professional body relating to the specialist fields will have information on the type of CPD to be carried out and the quantity to be carried out each year.
Key skills and attributes:
- Computer knowledge
- Excellent communication
- Work under pressure
- Human, empathetic and supportive bedside manner
- Leadership and teamwork
- Problem solving and initiative
- Time management and organization
- Attention to detail
- Competitive salary scale based on improvements in CONMESS and CONHESS salary structures as well as surveys of top private hospitals in Nigeria.
Click here to apply