Job: Purchasing Manager at Heartland Alliance
Heartland Alliance International in Nigeria works at the intersection of health and human rights, to provide HIV prevention and human rights protection services to most-at-risk populations (MARPs), raising awareness and creating grassroots support organizations in the country. Heartland Alliance International’s work in Nigeria draws on regional experts…
Learn more about this company
Core Duties and Responsibilities
- Under the supervision of the Procurement and Operations Manager, the incumbent is responsible for procurement, commodities, equipment, furniture, supplies and miscellaneous services in support of the operational needs of the organization.
- Ensure that all procurement activities are initiated by a procurement request form; and that all submitted requests are processed in a timely manner to meet the requested delivery date.
- Ensure that proper procurement procedures are followed for all requisitions based on the cost threshold involved.
- Assist the supply team in the preparation of orders when needed. Keep strict control over the numbering of all orders and the filing system in general.
- Liaise with field office staff to monitor prices of regularly used materials/items; and provide price list updates to program staff to guide the preparation of order requests.
- Ensure correct authorization procedures at each stage of the procurement process i.e. properly signed procurement documents, budget management, quality control of incoming goods and payments.
- Help minimize the organization’s exposure to liability by ensuring contracts and procurement meet legal, statutory, policy and procedural compliance.
- Coordinate the contract modification process, ensuring that modifications follow original solicitations and contractual statements of work.
- Assist the procurement team in coordinating all phases of the contractor selection process. Understand, recommend and apply the appropriate solicitation method, assess contract risk, advertising format, insurance requirements, compensation methods and other sourcing issues.
- Assist in training HALG staff on supply related issues.
- Maintain good relationships with suppliers interested in supplying goods and services to HALG.
- Perform other assigned duties.
To perform this job successfully, a person must be able to perform each essential task satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or competencies required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable people with disabilities to perform essential functions.
Education and/or experience:
- Minimum of a first degree in procurement and supply chain, logistics or a related field.
- Minimum of three years of professional experience in procurement and supply chain management.
- Thorough understanding of supply chain management operational concepts surrounding production planning, inventory control, purchasing, logistics, warehouse operations, and shipping/receiving.
- Ability to work with others, develop and maintain compatibility between project staff, contractors and recipients of assistance.
- Ability to negotiate at the highest level with suppliers.
Other skills :
- Time Management – Ability to prioritize tasks, manage time and complete projects in a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision.
- Quality Management – Finding ways to improve and promote quality; demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness.
- Written Communication – Writes clearly and informatively; corrects spelling and grammar work; varies writing style to meet needs; effectively presents numerical data.
- Adaptability – adapts to changes in the work environment; manages competing demands; changes approach or method to better adapt to the situation; able to deal with frequent changes, delays or unforeseen events.
- Cultural Sensitivity – Respects the cultural environment in which the individual works and does not act in a way that is outwardly offensive to the local community.
- Non-discriminatory – Does not discriminate against people on the basis of sexual orientation or gender identity, age, preferred jobs or behavioral habits.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
- Demonstrated proficiency in public speaking.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Internet Explorer, Outlook/Exchange, Windows operating systems, Power Point.
- Other software commonly used by Heartland Alliance.
- The noise level in the working environment is generally moderate.
- The employee is required to travel regularly in environments that are often insecure and with limited resources.
Interested and qualified candidates should apply using the Apply Now button below.