Lawyer – Global Privacy and Franchise, RE/MAX Holding, Inc., REMOTE
To add to our formidable legal team, we are currently looking to fill a Senior Solicitor/Attorney position. This candidate should have a variety of skills and be flexible/willing to develop expertise in areas that matter. This position is responsible for 2 main areas: (a) privacy and data security compliance for the US, Canadian and Global regions and related contractual matters, and (b) franchise and contractual matters for the regions. RE/MAX worldwide outside the United States and Canada.
- Lead compliance programs for privacy and data security for the US, Canada and global regions, and develop and implement global privacy and data protection standards, policies and processes .
- Advise business clients on compliance with privacy and data security laws.
- Review new products, services and features, as well as other uses of data to ensure compliance with applicable privacy and data protection laws.
- Develop the necessary privacy trainings for the different business units.
- Monitor data transfer issues.
- Advise transactional lawyers on data protection and sharing terms of other contracts with data implications.
Global Franchise and Business Consulting:
- Advise corporate clients on compliance with country-specific laws (such as franchise registration/disclosure and commercial agency) impacting franchise sales, transfers, renewals and terminations.
- Prepare franchise-related documents and agreements such as master and office disclosure documents, master and office franchise agreements, and license agreements.
- Coordinate external legal advice and advise clients on other country-specific issues in the more than 110 countries and territories where RE/MAX has a presence.
- Check existing master and regional agreements, disclosure documents and review template agreements used by master franchisees.
- Provide advice on the application of US laws and regulations impacting RE/MAX’s global regions, including anti-money laundering, anti-terrorism and export compliance.
- Supervise a senior paralegal.
- Cross support for other attorney responsibilities as needed or as assigned.
Diplomas & Skills:
- JD degree with strong academic credentials from an ABA-accredited law school.
- 5+ years of prior legal experience, primarily in the area of privacy, international franchising and/or commercial matters.
- CIPP/US, CA, EU and/or technology certification a plus.
- Admission to the bar of the applicant’s state of residence.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and analytical skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Team player attitude.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize and manage workload independently, efficiently and effectively.
- Fluency in a foreign language is a plus.
- We are able to consider mid-level or senior candidates; specific responsibilities and compensation to be determined based on the successful candidate’s background and experience.
Denver preferred – remote applicants should still apply.
$150,000 – $200,000
The actual compensation offered to the candidate will be finalized with the offer and may be higher or lower than the range displayed due to skill level, experience, industry-specific knowledge, education/certifications or of geographic location. The offer rate represents a component of the total compensation of RE/MAX Holdings. Employees will also receive a number of benefits listed below. Other compensation for this position may include bonus eligibility.
- Competitive benefits for medical, dental and vision care.
- 401(k) and Roth 401(k) retirement plans with optional company matching.
- Company matching health savings account.
- Flexible spending accounts (medical, dependent care and transportation).
- Maternity, adoption, adoption and parental leave paid by the company.
- Pedagogical help.
- Student loan support services.
- Paid Employee Assistance Program.
- At least 7 paid holidays and a potential of up to 15, including discretionary early closings before holidays and corporate events. (More than your average business!).
- The MORE Time Away program gives employees flexibility in their time off needs and allows them to take time off as needed, rather than waiting for accruals.
- ClassPass rebate and monthly subsidy.
- Free indoor parking (car chargers and bike racks available).
- And more!
Now is your chance to be part of a world-class, industry-leading organization boasting the world’s #1 real estate brand! RE/MAX is a company that builds companies. Along with booj, our award-winning technology company, we specialize in providing tools, training and technology to our real estate network, which includes RE/MAX and Motto Mortgage franchises, agents, brokers and consumers. Join us and build a career where your input is heard, your innovative ideas are valued, and hard work and collaboration truly make a difference.
RE/MAX Holdings, Inc is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion and non-discrimination in employment. All qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, veteran status, disability unrelated to performing the essential task of the job or other legally protected categories. All people should have equal opportunities in employment.
Application submission information:
Please send your resume to [email protected]