Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Advisor
The MEL advisor will be responsible for the design, implementation and technical quality of all project monitoring and evaluation activities. He / she will ensure that systems are in place to ensure the quality of data reporting and promote learning and knowledge sharing. The M&E manager will also lead the implementation science and use of evidence for the project. He / she will develop and deploy systems to make M&E relevant data, tools, materials and products available in a timely manner for the project. This position will communicate, connect and coordinate with other HQ and country office technical staff, partners, faculty, government, stakeholders and donors to ensure successful design and implementation of the expected M&E activity portfolio. This position will provide the highest level of technical and strategic leadership in M&E and quality assurance and will play a key role in disseminating M&E lessons learned in national and regional forums. The position will be based at the main project office and he / she will report to the technical director of the project.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead the design and implementation of project M&E activities, including the development and execution of the project’s evaluation and results measurement plan.
- Support project management and partners to develop and implement appropriate M&E standards and guidelines.
- Provide technical assistance on the design and implementation of qualitative studies and quantitative surveys on NCDs, education and social services, including sampling strategies, survey instruments, implementation of ‘surveys, data analysis, report writing and dissemination of results. This can include cross-sectional surveys, trials for improved practices (TIPS), sentinel surveillance, batch quality assurance sampling, group discussions, in-depth interviews.
- Oversee the dissemination of information on project evaluations, successful and promising approaches, lessons learned and other program results to local, national and regional intergovernmental bodies, donors, partners and other stakeholders.
- Promote forums that facilitate collaboration, learning and action through this information between these actors.
- Contribute to strengthening data and information collection systems, including providing capacity building (TA and training) as needed in strategic collection and use of data to track inputs, processes, outputs and results, by undertaking periodic reviews and participating in the planning of the M&E system to strengthen actions, as well as other initiatives.
- Contribute to work plans, quarterly and annual reports, financial reports and others summarizing project results and evidence.
- Perform other assigned duties.
Desired knowledge, skills and attributes
- In-depth knowledge of educational and social services, simulation mode of teaching, NCDs including medical schools, government and non-government contexts.
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills and ability to work well with others, including developing and maintaining compatibility between project staff, consultants, partners and beneficiaries of technical assistance and project support.
- Proven management and team building skills, including relevant experience in direct supervision of professional staff.
- Articulate and able to communicate clearly and professionally with clients and staff.
- Sensitivity to cultural differences and understanding of social, political and ethical issues surrounding the Tunisian medical community.
- Ability to work independently and manage a high volume workflow.
Bachelor’s degree in monitoring and evaluation, public health, demography, health management, social sciences, bio-statistics, statistics or related field. Masters degree or more preferably.
At least eight years of experience with increasing responsibilities in the design, implementation, management and direction of M&E activities for large public health programs, including education and social services, NCDs, l ‘technical assistance, health systems strengthening, integrated health service delivery, human and organizational capacity development.
Strong quantitative or mixed analytical skills. Must be able to use MS Excel Word, PowerPoint and Access, and at least one data management software, such as R, SAS or SPSS. Experience in training others in its use is highly desirable.
Demonstrated ability to engage in knowledge management and be able to articulate technical information clearly and effectively to technical and non-technical audiences, including excellent report writing, analytical and communication skills as well as Strong oral presentation skills in English Ability to undertake extensive local travel and limited international travel assigned to them.
This job posting summarizes the main duties of the position. It does not prescribe or restrict the exact tasks that may be assigned to perform those tasks. This document should under no circumstances be interpreted as representing an employment contract. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
FHI 360 is a equal opportunity and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in discriminatory practices against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
FHI 360 promotes the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package, professional development, and policies and programs that promote a healthy work-life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others – and for yourself.
Other NGO and social development job offers that may interest you