Northwest Federal Credit Union Member Services Representative I-III Job
For more than 70 years, Northwest Federal Credit Union has provided valuable financial products and services to its members. Northwest offers employees a comprehensive benefits package including: medical and dental plans, paid vacation, a generous contribution of $ 401,000, student loan assistance, parental leave and the opportunity to grow professionally through a wide range of job-based, in-class and online training resources. . The Northwest Federal Credit Union was recognized for the second year in a row as one of the best places to work in 2021 by the Washington Post and we believe our success is built on the excellence and achievement of our employees. Together, we serve and inspire to transform lives.
The primary role of this position is to help Northwest Federal Credit Union realize our vision of being the lifetime financial partner of our member-owners. One of the main ways to achieve this goal is to develop a highly effective team of employees and to develop each employee to their highest potential through coaching and leadership. This position is responsible for ensuring that exceptional service is rendered to internal and external members. A key part of this external member service is ensuring that each employee identifies members’ financial needs and suggests appropriate solutions for credit unions.
- Provide exceptional service that respects our service promises
- Meet or exceed service goals for the position
- Knowledge of Credit Union products and services
- Complete BAI courses as assigned
- Maintain departmental policy and documentation of procedures accordingly
- Achieve assigned sales goals by proactively identifying opportunities using the core principles of Member Advantage
- Identify financial needs and present all appropriate options, in collaboration with the appropriate business partners
- Support the branch in achieving its membership retention, acquisition and growth objectives
- Achieve personal sales goals (including investment / insurance / loan)
- Accurately and efficiently process various retail and commercial transactions including deposits, withdrawals, loan repayments and check cashing
- Adhere to all procedures set out in the credit union’s MSR policy and procedures
- Ensure compliance with operational, security and control policies / procedures, prevent fraud and protect member assets
- Support the branch team with a generation of quality referrals (based on loan / investment license designation)
- Process loans as needed based on MSR level. Understanding loan products and how to read credit reports
- In order to assist the branch team, additional tasks can be assigned as needed
- Remain aware of and adhere to NWFCU policies and procedures as well as banking secrecy law (BSA) regulations
- Associate degree or equivalent work experience
- Minimum of 3 in retail, call center, customer service or telesales
- Previous financial and service experience is preferred
As a COVID-19 safety measure, our employees must either provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination or follow additional safety protocols, including testing.
Northwest Federal Credit Union is an equal opportunity employer and will screen all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic, national, disability, protected veteran status, or any other protected classification information. by the law.
NWFCU complies with federal and state disability laws and makes reasonable accommodations for applicants and employees with disabilities. If reasonable accommodations are required to participate in the application or interview process, to perform essential duties and / or to receive other employment benefits and privileges, please contact the Human Resources department at 703-709 -8900 or HRDepartment @ nwfcu. org.