Production Assistant – Men’s Fashion – Pedestrian TV
At City Beach, people are at the heart of what we do, both our customers and our team. All are welcome under the roof of City Beach where the value is placed on individual style, teamwork, authenticity, adaptability and the desire to exceed expectations.
We stock some of the world’s leading brands in surf, skate, streetwear and fashion. Our stores are a hub that connects our customers to events, influencers and trends, allowing them to live life on their terms.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Production assistant join our male team in our The head office and play a key role in bringing our products to life and delivering them to our customers.
A day in the life:
You will work closely with the Production Manager to develop strong supplier relationships and ensure City Beach’s production process is effective and efficient. It could mean finding new suppliers, reviewing samples of products you have organized, or meeting with suppliers.
What you will do:
- Forge strong relationships with suppliers
- Maintain regular contact with local and offshore manufacturers throughout the production and freight process
- Monitor production delivery times to make sure we have our product to create for our customers
- General administrative tasks, including paying invoices, reconciling and filing documents
- Monitor samples against supplier packs to maintain quality control standards
- Sourcing new suppliers under the direction of the production manager
- Negotiate supplier terms under the direction of the male production manager
What we are looking for:
- Experience in direct negotiation with manufacturers / suppliers
- High level of Microsoft suite skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Previous experience working with offshore manufacturers
- High level of precision and attention to detail
- Strong organizational and administrative skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and responsive environment
- Advanced degree in a relevant field desirable but not essential
- Mandarin much appreciated but not essential
If you are passionate about fashion and clothing production and looking to grow your career with a leading retailer, apply now!