Test your knowledge of sports stars, trivia
Take this Super Quiz to a PhD. Score 1 point for each correct answer at the Freshman level, 2 points at the Graduate level and 3 points at the PhD level. Level.
(eg, what was Mildred Ella Didrikson Zaharias’s nickname? Answer: “Baby.”)
1. What is a TKO in boxing?
2. In which sport are there two blue lines?
3. What sport is Serena Williams a star in?
4. What sport is featured in the novel and movie “The Natural”?
5. The sport has a hall of fame in Springfield, Massachusetts.
6. This song by Tin Pan Alley has become the official anthem of American baseball.
7. Which player is number 99 in hockey?
8. His exploits at the Olympics have been called “the best 45 minutes of sport”.
9. James Naismith is credited with inventing the sport.
10. The New York Yankees retired their No. 5 in 1952.
11. What trophy is awarded each year to the most outstanding player in college football?
12. What is the PGA?
13. In which sport is the FIFA World Cup awarded?
14. Giant slalom consists of skiing between poles. What name are the poles known by?
15. In which Sports Hall of Fame are Buster Crabbe and Johnny Weissmuller honored?
24 to 30 points – congratulations, doctor; 18 to 23 points – specialized graduate; 13 to 17 points – you are very smart, but not biting; 5 to 12 points – you should really hit the pounds harder; 1 point to 4 points – register immediately for remedial courses; 0 points – who reads the questions to you?
1. Technical coup de grace.
3. Women’s tennis.
6. “Take me to the ball game.”
7. Wayne Gretzky.
8. Jesse Owens.
10. Joe DiMaggio.
11. Heisman Trophy.
12. Association of Professional Golfers.
13. International football (football).
15. International Swimming Hall of Fame.